Sunday, February 3, 2008

Using all of my maturity

So, I could sit here and be cranky that I have to have surgery on Thursday and be upset about until then, and then be upset about it for the weeks after when I'm healing. Or, I could go on through the pain and crankiness and be a productive member to society. (Well, at least the knitting society.) I've decided on the second. Here is a list of things I'm working on to fill my time as I'm stuck on the couch.

1. This is going to be a Celtic Knot Afghan for friends that are getting married in October. It is full of cables and what not and I don't think I'll want to sit and knit only this. So, I'm working on it while I work on other projects. Oh, plus I think I need more regular gratification than watching it grow at the snail pace it seems I'm knitting it.


2. On the left you see the second coming of the Bird In Hand Mittens. I ended up giving the pair that didn't fit mom to my sister. She lives near my mom and was going to go pick them up. I still want a pair, but I want lime green and brown. I think that these mittens look HUGE, but the other ones were so small on her hands that I'm hoping we're close. I only went up one needle size (from 0-1) so, I can't imagine that they're THAT big.

3. Aahhh and for me... Is the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits Winter 2007-2008. The picture doesn't do it justice at all; it is a simple sweater but really cool. I'm not a fan of the rolled edge because its so rolled right now, but I like how it looks in the finished picture so I'm dealing with it.

I'm holding strong to my goal of having the mittens and sweater finished by the 22nd. That is the Oh So Special day where Bloomington gets a new LYS, and I want to go in to that store looking for yarn to start a brand new project... this... Oh, and the new store has like a million colors of Blue Sky Alpaca.

No comments: