Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baby sweater-- finished


I am in love with this little baby sweater. I finished it this evening and I'm sad that the 6 month old boy I made it for was already asleep as I put the little buttons on... I can't wait until I can see him in it! The only downside is that it is a lot bulkier than I thought it would be, so it may not be something that a baby would wear for hours on end, but maybe as the weather cools down a baby could wear it in lieu of a jacket.

I've started now on felted Christmas stocking for my husband and me. I made the mistake of buying a couple of knitting magazines (Vogue knits, and knit simple) on my way home from work today though and now I want to make everything for everyone this Christmas.

Sadly, there is still a sweater for myself that just needs to be sewn together. I hate putting things together so much it might just sit bound off on my drying rack for a few more days. All I have left it to put the sleeves in place, but I HATE, HATE, HATE the sewing aspect of knitting. I hate it so much in fact I made a point to knit the sleeves on dpns so that I wouldn't have to sew them when finished. Oh well, I'll put the final sewing on my to do list and see how many days I move it to the next...

On the brightside I have Wednesday through Sunday off from teaching this week, and I'm under the two week mark of having to wait tables! Two Sundays from now I can watch football all day (and knit!) instead of catching plays in between tables!

No comments: