Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It seemed like a good idea...

So, in the midst of preparing to give finals and review sheets, starting a new tutoring gig, dealing with Christmas shopping and knitting I decided that I needed to not only make my Christmas cards but learn a new craft in order to do so...

Here is what quilling a poinsettia looks like. I love how it looks and it is somewhat fun to do but takes a lot longer than I thought. So, I'm paring down my Christmas Card list and trying to make five a night and send them the next day; rather than making a marathon night of it and sending them all at once like I usually do. I think this might be one things that's easier once you have kids. It will look so much cooler just to have a picture of a cute baby or toddler than worry about making them memorable cards! The one good thing that this has brought is that it is keeping me out of the yarn store...

On another note, I have finished stockings for me and the husband. Now, I have a lot of smaller projects that are filling in for having to spend more money on other presents. So, I'll need to knock out my five cards a night quickly and then get back to knitting!

Here's my snowflake! I like these better, but the flowers are far quicker to make!

No comments: