Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm the smoothie master

After years of wishing I could make decent smoothies I finally found the right amount of "pour this and that in" to make it work.

This is embarrassing because I was once employed as a blender jockey. (I used to bartend at a Chi-Chi's- and that's pretty much what I did -- run blenders. Well, actually, I watched more VH1 than anything.)

Anyhow, I'm delighted that I finally get the idea of how to make a smoothie. I've had one daily for about a week now.

Tour de erin Day 2 goal:
- turn heel on flutterby sock
- rip out stupid ribbed baby blanket and instead cast on a cool baby blanket using the owl stitch pattern that is used on everything. Here's an example.

Tour de erin Day 1 goal:
- complete

I'm thinking that in order to really meet my summer goals I need to add reading in to the tour de erin. I supposed I could make reading goals on the week days, right? That way I won't have failed yet!

The Great Gatsby- Fitzgerald

It amazes me how many "classic" books there are that I never read in high school. This is one of them. I read it, for the first time 7 years ago, when I got my current teaching job. I had 2 days to read it before I started teaching. (That's a crazy story, but I think one that many teachers share.) I was also reading Great Expectations for the first time during this time period as well as rereading To Kill a Mockingbird. I had to teach all three of these books at the same time and it was fun, but stressful. Now that I have read them all I would be fine to do this, but then it was a lot of work. I didn't love Gatsby when I read it then-- imagine-- but in this second go 'round I really enjoyed it. I really like books where crazy, unexpected things happen. I also really like books where someone realizes the faults of everyone else, but doesn't feel the need to run it in their faces.

This book is basically about wealthy (or at least some that pretend to be wealthy) people that live their lives doing whatever the hell they want with little to no regard for anyone else. If that doesn't entice you to read it I don't know what will. Seriously, if I tell you any of the plot I feel like it ruins the book.

No comments: