Monday, April 26, 2010

my black thumb

7 hours down; 9,993 hours to go

I bought four plants on Earth Day in hopes to have a mini-garden. Last year, I tried to plant a real garden-- some plants and some from seed, and it did not go well. So, this year I bought a jalapeno plant, a raspberry bush, some mint, and a hanging strawberry plant. The strawberry plant is a "from seed" thing, but it is like one of those tomato "topsy turvy" planters so I'm hoping it works. I transplanted these plants into bigger pots today. Maybe planters will work better for me?

I'm currently working on a lace scarf. I like some lace, but I'm not a giant lace knitter. I think that pattern is called the kernel scarf or something and it is variegated yarn another thing I'm not generally a fan of. So, craziness and ripping out may take place, or I might love it and want to wear it even though it will be too hot when I finish it.

No comments: