Wednesday, June 16, 2010

56.5 hours down- 9943.5 to go

Today, I got home from cross country practice (where the student I often run with and I ran 14 seconds faster than yesterday) and I sat down and worked on stuff for a solid 6 hours. I mean, I ate and whatnot, but all told I spent 6 hours knitting. Well, some of that time was spent putting fish together, and let me tell you putting the fish together eats my soul. I do so love how the fish look put together though so I'll keep doing it. The fish don't lay very flat and I think even if I block the crud out of it they still won't, but I'm pretending that makes it whimsical and fun.

... and then I felt guilty.

So, I went outside and cleaned limbs out of the yard-- I even had to cut a few branches that broke during the storms-- and mowed the lawn. Our yard is pretty small so mowing doesn't take long, but I was bored so I made up a new game.

Speed Mowing
Speed Mowing is played by seeing how quickly you can mow the lawn. I mapped out the quickest route, or what I thought was the quickest route, and then tried to mow as fast as I could. My thought is by the end of the summer I can mow even faster than I did today. I was totally jogging behind the mower sometimes, but then sometimes I just had to walk. Maybe by the end of the summer I can mow the yard in nothing flat and get a good workout in.

I also cleaned the kitchen, made "brinner", and got the rest of the stuff together for the "finance the Vegas trip" garage sale taking place this weekend. Sadly, I was able to do all of that in a very small time period, but at least I did something today.

No comments: