Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fishies!

Fishies!
Fishies!,
originally uploaded by erincolleen27.
40 hours down- 9960 hours to go

I'm a lazy picture taker. I know this, but these are the first six fish (in all the colors) for the fish blanket. The fish seem to fly by even though they take longer than you would think. I realize that makes no sense, but in my head it makes sense.

Summer break is officially upon us and today was the first day I had to get up and go to cross country practice. I ran a very slow 3 miles, but I feel phenomenal now. It was really early, and I'm really out of shape, but I feel good now.

I have 7 different "themes" in my head for summer goals and each day I'm trying to accomplish one thing under each theme. So, today holds ripping out bushes, making laundry detergent, making an outline for the zombie novel I want to write, running (accomplished!), making fish and a sock blanket square, and planning the first week back to school, and pricing things for the "finance" my Vegas trip garage sale. (If we make $50 I will be delighted.) Last summer I think I wasted too much time and I was totally sluggish when I had to go back to school, so I think this year being busy and doing all the free home improvement stuff I can is the answer.

Sock yarn blanket- the more I think about this the more I realize that the real answer to making this cool is to put a quilt-ish back on it. My thought it I'll sew the backing on around the edges of the blanket and then make those little quilt tie- things (my quilt knowledge is amazing, no?) at the corner where 4 squares meet. This makes sense in my head-- does that come across and make sense to anyone else?

1 comment:

sara said...

I have one theme this summer: Sit on my bum. :-)
Oh. And knit.