Sunday, May 23, 2010

one square done...


27 hours down... 9,973 to go

I finished the first square of my sock yarn baby blanket, and all I really want to do is go buy some superwash yarn to make this awesome blanket. Yes, I have a problem.

But, I feel like this problem is warranted because I want to make the fish blanket for a 3 year old that carries around a far too small blanket I made her. She needs one her size, right?

So far I'm holding off and NOT buying that yarn, but I have a gift certificate so I know I will. I'm just trying to decide how to justify it to myself. Currently, I'm trying out the justification that if I knit all the yarn I have (even if I've added to it) then I've still met my goal of getting rid of my stash... that's legitimate, isn't it?
There's not yarn in my stash that would really work for the blanket, and there's definitely not yarn to make the rainbow colored blanket outlined in black that I'm dreaming of...

For now, my plan is to inventory the yarn that I have and make plans for it-- then I can decide what to do about the awesome rainbow blanket.

No comments: