Monday, May 24, 2010

Steeking...

32 hours down- 9968 to go

I might not have done much other than knit yesterday. Well, I did a boatload of laundry and reorganized some stuff, but it was only because I felt like I had to get my ass off the couch and do something instead of just knitting.

I decided, after being peer pressured via plurk, that I'm going to steek the armholes of the snuggie. This makes knitting the inital piece way easier, but also makes me completely nervous. It isn't like I'm using nice sticky, thick wool. The yarn I'm using is Knit Picks- Comfy Worsted. It is really soft and really slick. So, there will be some pretty serious reinforcing going on before I cut anything. Also, I won't be cutting anything for a long time because I'm approximately seven inches into this snuggie and it needs to be WAY longer.

This week is going to suck- there isn't a night that I can foresee getting home before 8 (even on Friday) and there are two nights that I don't think I'll get home until 11 or later. I'm sure I'll be full of joy, but on the upside it is finals week and if I can bust it early in the week I might score some down time during the actual school day toward the end of the week.

The series finale of Lost was last night, and I am not about to pour out any spoilers or bore those who don't care, but I have to say that I'm a little conflicted and confused.

1 comment:

sara said...

Egads. Steeking?! Good luck! Sorry your week will not be fun.