Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sock yarn blanket

23 hours down- 9977 to go


I have a plan. It may be a plan I've blogged about before, but it is something that I think about every day. August 19-22 is Stitches Midwest. I've never been to any big fiber show, and especially not to stitches. I really want to go, but I decided that I need to accomplish something before I should be allowed to go. So, I've decided that I can go IF I knit through all of my stash. I don't have a giant stash, but there's enough to make it a real challenge. Plus, on top of all the yarn I already had I had to order yarn for my sister's snuggie. So, we'll see what happens.


In the stash down vein, I've decided to make a sock yarn blanket. I'm going to use this yarn. Now, I made baby leg warmers and head bands out of the white so there is none of that. I have enough orange for maybe two squares, and I used the the violet and purple, but I have new skeins. I realize this isn't probably enough for a blanket, but it is how I'm going to start.
The plan: I'm casting on 50 stitches and knitting until I have a square. I'm going to make some plain squares and some with different cabled patterns. (Whatever catches my eye in Vogue's cable stitchionary.) I realize that the blanket will be really thin, but I think it might be perfect for the couch in the summer. I'm going to use all of this yarn to make squares and then decide what my next plan is...
I really got started on the snuggie yesterday and so far it is REALLY soft and I like it.

1 comment:

sara said...

Sounds like a good plan. I hope you will share pictures of your squares.